2.46 inches for Helotes


Over the past 48 hours we've gauged 2.46 inches of rain in my backyard in Helotes. I was surprised this afternoon, while returning home from the Medical Center, when a heavy downpour hit me near Huebner and Bandera Rd. It got so bad that I was getting a little concerned about getting flooded out. At noon, NOAA had dropped our chances to 20% and were only calling for light rain. This was not light rain!

I was just checking the forecast for Baltimore, where my nephew lives, and this system is forecast to move toward the NE and drop 2-3 feet of snow. I always love it when the "Capital of Climate Change" gets buried in snow. It amuses me up to picture our current administration, which lectures to anyone who disbelieves Anthropogenic Global Warming, having to shovel themselves out of a blizzard.

All of the models continue to show a very good chance for snow or ice next week and a second chance for frozen precip the following week.

Comments

Popular Posts