5-12-10 Back in SA


Well, as I expected, I ended up at the birthing zone for the terrible storms that hit the Oklahoma City area later in the afternoon on Monday. If the system had come through 24 hrs earlier, I would have been able to be in the Oklahoma City area to chase the storms, but I had to be in Lubbock to help my youngest daughter move back for the summer from Texas Tech on Tuesday. After seeing all of the destruction, I won't lose much sleep not having been in the areas where the storms hit. Some of the storms were moving at over 50 mph, so chasing was very difficult and dangerous for those that attempted it. I much prefer a stationary dry line and slowly moving supercells. The conditions were very creepy, with surface winds in western OK gusting to over 50mph.

Rain chances are still looking good for San Antonio, from Thursday night through the weekend. I have attached the latest NOAA graphics above.

Comments

Popular Posts